The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology - Director of Development
Company: Peggy R. Mcconnell Arts Center Of Worthington
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology seeks a
Director of Development. The Works is seeking a Director of
Development to design, lead, and implement The Works comprehensive
annual fundraising program. This position works closely with the
Executive Director, Events Committee, and The Works Advisory
Council to identify funding priorities and opportunities for
organizational support. In collaboration with the Executive
Director, this position directly cultivates and maintains support
from individual donors, as well as corporations, foundations, major
gifts, and planned giving.
- Develop, lead, and implement The Work's comprehensive
fundraising plan and activities. This includes setting and
monitoring annual fund goals and progress, supporting donor events,
building a planned giving program, and capital campaigns as needed
to support the institution. Work with the Board and staff
leadership to oversee strategic fundraising plans.
- Build and maintains partnerships and effective relationships
with individuals, cultural and academic institutions, community
organizations, donors, board members, and corporations to help
garner support and resources for programs and advance The Works
- Oversee development operations, which includes ensuring
accurate and timely database management, gift processing, and donor
correspondence for all gifts and campaigns.
- Act as lead staff for The Works Advisory Council to identify
and steward potential community partners and donor engagement
- Work collaboratively with Works staff on institutional
initiatives including program development, branding, audience
development, income generation and budgets, exhibition planning,
and visitor and member experiences. Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience and a proven track record
in fundraising and development.
- Experience in non-profit educational or cultural organizations
- A demonstrated track record of successful fundraising from
individuals, foundations, and corporations in the Central Ohio area
is desirable. Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional written, public communication, and interpersonal
skills; attentive listener and engaging storyteller; excellent
organization and analytical skills; highly developed customer
relations attitude and ability to prioritize work flow to meet
- Experience in successfully managing capital campaigns,
endowment campaigns, and annual giving campaigns.
- Proven success in fundraising, meeting and increasing funding
goals, and experience in writing successful grant proposals.
- Enthusiastic and skilled networker who enjoys connecting with
the community, attending events, and participating in activities to
position The Works for success.
- Able to engage and engender the trust of donors, colleagues,
board members and stakeholders at all times.
- Must be proficient with Google applications, Microsoft Office
Suite, video conferencing and familiar with donor management
software (The Works uses Blackbaud). Comfortable with exploring and
learning new technologies. This is a full time salaried exempt
position, Monday - Friday with some evening or weekend hours
required to support events at The Works. Benefits include: All
full-time employees are eligible for Health Care Insurance and
Health Reimbursement Account, 401K, Life Insurance, and generous
PTO package including 11 paid holidays. The Works is an equal
opportunity employer. Salary range: $55,000 - $65,000 per year,
commensurate with experience Posted: May 10, 2023
Deadline: May 31, 2023
Keywords: Peggy R. Mcconnell Arts Center Of Worthington, Newark , The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology - Director of Development, Executive , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...