Nurse, Physician Center - Greathouse
Company: Licking Memorial Health Systems
Posted on: January 9, 2021
PHYSICIAN CENTER NURSE (RN)Position SummaryUnder the supervision
of a Physician, provides to individuals and groups nursing care
requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological,
physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences. Job requires
knowledge; skill and ability to provide care for neo-natal,
pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric patient
- Conducts assessment of patients in planning and evaluating
quality patient care. Considers emotional, social, and physical
- Provides direct skilled nursing care to patients.
- Administers medications ordered by a licensed provider.
Practices the Five Rights of safe medication administration.
- Responds to emergency situations in a prompt, precise and
- Maintains excellence in clinical competency and nursing skills
through continuing education.
- Informs Physician or NP of patient's symptoms, reactions,
progress and other information pertaining to patient's care.
Documents information in the medical record (paper and electronic)
according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly patient, visitor, and staff
environment. Practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in the ongoing quality improvement program and
responds to results obtained from data collection.
- Presents a positive professional appearance and attitude
demonstrating excellent guest relation skills, interpersonal skills
and team values within the Professional Corporation, Health System
- Recognizes and respects Patient Rights
- Observes and maintains patient, staff and corporate
confidentiality per policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the personal performance reflects the
Mission, Vision, Standards of Behavior and the Service
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing program maintains
current licensure in State of Ohio.
- Functions within the scope of practice of nursing for
registered nurse as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains BCLS certification
- Completes orientation as specified to acquire the necessary
familiarity with LMHS policies, nursing procedures and techniques
within assigned patient care areas.
- Efficiently participates in case of emergency (code blue, fire,
- Demonstrates basic analytical ability to perform assigned tasks
and gather and interpret data in situations that are not difficult
- Demonstrates ability to provide care for young adult, adult and
geriatric patients under supervision of a licensed physician, NP
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability to perform:
phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, medication administration by oral,
med nebulizer, IM, SQ, routes for adults, ear lavage, monofilament,
glucometer, occult blood, visual and auditory acuity, strep screen,
urinalysis, urine pregnancy, specimen collection and preparation as
applicable to the practice setting.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate various office
machines including a personal computer, office computer systems
(IDX, EMR, Meditech), fax, telephone, and photocopier.
- Demonstrates ability to type proficiently.Licking Memorial
Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains
compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking
Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants
because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national
origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic
information, political affiliation, military service, or other
non-merit based factors protected by law.
Keywords: Licking Memorial Health Systems, Newark , Nurse, Physician Center - Greathouse, Healthcare , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!