Pharmacy Technician Trainee
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job Summary Now offering a $1,000 new hire bonus: $200 payment
at 90 days - $300 payment at 180 days - $500 payment at 12
months.As a Pharmacy Technician Trainee, you'll be a key part of
our collaborative team. You'll bring your skills and expertise to
building a service conscious Pharmacy team that consistently looks
to develop great relationships with patients. You'll help us exceed
expectations, meet needs and provide safe, accurate and efficient
care in order to reach the best patient, Team Member and company
outcomes. Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred: Pharmacy
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age Job Responsibilities
- Welcome patients and immediately acknowledge them with
compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and
enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including
processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to
products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions
concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment in order to ensure
that company and government requirements are met.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary in
order to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at
drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order
receiving, including but not limited to: searching for patients and
profiles, determining dates of fill and pick-up, determining
prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quoting cash prices of
prescriptions, checking on-hand counts of medications and entering
- Assist team on actions plans in order to improve outcomes using
knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and
- Complete required training program and accompanying exams.
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and
regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established
procedures, including the point of sale policies.
- Transcribe data from prescriptions accurately in order to
generate a custom label for the customer.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering,
receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per
company policy and procedure.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner, ensure accurate
information is exchanged and the customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating
effectively with the customer and the management team and support
staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our
GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we
are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Newark , Pharmacy Technician Trainee, Healthcare , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!