Nurse Practitioner Inpatient LTACH
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Southeast Ohio
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Overview: Critical Illness Revovery Hospital
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse / APRN
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering
an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an
opportunity with us!Responsibilities:We are looking for valued
employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which
includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of
life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to
develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and
doing well by doing what is right.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) works collaboratively
with the multidisciplinary health care team, providing continuity
in the care management of chronically critically ill patients. You
will improve patient outcomes by planning care that will prevent
complications, promptly identifying changes in patient condition,
and intervening to stabilize patients. You will act as a resource
and mentor to clinical staff.
- Constantly performs clinical obligations. Performs daily
clinical rounds on patients and leads multidisciplinary rounds with
the pharmacist and other direct caregivers for designated patients.
Assesses patients, orders and reviews diagnostic testing
information, formulates and alters clinical plans of care as needed
including prescribing appropriate treatments and medications within
scope of practice.
- Readily recognizes decompensation/changes in condition, and
stabilizes patient and/or seeks appropriate consultation.
- Follows evidence-based practice guidelines and prevents
complications associated with patient's psychological and
physiological well-being to the extent that is possible.
- Obtains and organizes data to assist attending and consulting
physicians with admissions, consultations, progress notes, and
discharges as needed, but responsibility for completion of
documentation including assessment and plan rests with the
- Demonstrates measurable impact in assisting the
multidisciplinary team to provide safe and superior quality care
by: increasing patient satisfaction, decreasing return to acute
care events, preventing adverse events such as medication errors,
falls, and hospital-acquired pressure ulcers. Champions
nurse-driven protocols to decrease urinary catheter utilization
rates and MDRO infection rates. Drives mechanical ventilation
liberation rates.Qualifications:You are passionate about providing
a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive
problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Permanent State Registered Nurse License and Certificate of
- Master's Degree or Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
- National Nurse Practitioner Certification (Adult, Acute Care or
Family) through AANP or ANCC.
- BLS and ACLS certifications.
- Previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge and skills related to the care of adolescent patients
through patients in an advanced age.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.Additional
Data:Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech
language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in
regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Southeast Ohio, Newark , Nurse Practitioner Inpatient LTACH, Healthcare , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!