RN - Newark
Company: Trinity Health
Posted on: May 7, 2019
Department: OH1HS_72504_000 Talent Acquisition Expected Weekly
Hours: 36 Shift: Position Purpose: At Mount Carmel, we work to
continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this
culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We
see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication
to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they
serve. Job Description Details: The Registered Respiratory
Therapist functions as a performance level respiratory therapist in
providing therapeutic procedures and diagnostic testing to the
chronically and acutely ill patients requiring respiratory
- Provides Respiratory Care, ensures an environment of patient
safety, promotes evidence-based
- practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism
in the care of patients and their families.
- Demonstrates clinical skills and knowledge to work in all areas
of the hospital and practice within Respiratory's Scope of
- Initiates and administers therapeutic procedures, diagnostic
test and education in accordance with departmental policy and
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to maintain respiratory
- Communicates pertinent clinical information and collaborates
with physicians, house staff and other health care disciplines
regarding patient care, treatment and/or plan of care.
- All other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Education: Successful completion of a two or four year
Respiratory Care program/degree.
- Licensure/Certification: Ohio Respiratory Care Professional
License to practice in the State of Ohio.
- National Board Respiratory Credential: RRT or CRT.
- Experience: Clinical experience in adult and neonatal
respiratory therapy procedures such as aerosolized delivery of
medication, mechanical ventilation, assisting with intubations and
extubations, pulmonary function studies, emergency care, and
obtaining and interpreting arterial blood gases.
- Excellent patient-facing communication skills.
- Maintain current BLS certification. Discovering opportunities,
support and excellence - all while making a real difference in
patients' lives - begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and
advance your career with us. Mount Carmel and all its affiliates
are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any
other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Trinity
Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and
hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse
populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural
beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health
practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health, Newark , RN - Newark, Healthcare , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!