SHIFT LEADER -Store 657
Company: United Dairy Farmers
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Title: Shift Leader
Reports to: Store Manager
Schedule: Full Time (37-40 hours per week); may work 1st, 2nd or
Pay Range: $12.00/hr - $14.00/hr
Position Description: The primary responsibility of a Shift Leader
at United Dairy Farmers is to provide outstanding service to every
Guest by following the five phases of The Hi Five Guest Experience
(Invited, Welcomed, Well-Served, Respected, Fulfilled), both
personally and, in the absence of a higher-level manager, through
other associates on duty during his or her shift. The Shift Leader
is responsible for following company policy to ensure the safe and
efficient operation of his or her shift as well as carrying out his
or her job in an honest and ethical manner, complying with all laws
and regulations, and all company policies and requirements. Shift
Leaders must be legally qualified under applicable state laws to
conduct all sales transactions including alcohol and tobacco
- Overall Guest Services: Provide the signature UDF Hi Five Guest
Experience; greet Guests with a warm, authentic hello, ensure store
is prepared and ready for Guests at all times, anticipate needs of
Guests and provide assistance to ensure each Guest leaves satisfied
with the intention to return to our store.
- DipSide Guest Services: Preparation of shakes/malts, cups/cones
of ice cream/yogurt, sundaes, sodas and "hand-packed"
- Efficient Operation of Point of Sale System and Gas Console:
Properly authorizing and control gas sales, accurately register all
transactions, handling coins/currency/checks/credit card
transactions/coupons/food stamps and making change.
- Stocking Merchandise: Keep shelves, displays, milk box and
freezers filled and faced, ensure dip cabinet is filled and appears
presentable to our Guests; ensure coffee pots and ice dispensers
are full, ensure the proper rotation of stock and check for out of
- Security: Maintain awareness of all Guests in the store/on the
lot to minimize shop-lifting and gas drive-offs, control cash
levels in the register by using proper "drop" procedures, doing
vendor log-in and following all steps in the Tobacco/Alcohol
Management and Robbery/Violence Deterrence programs.
- Maintenance: Ensure the store and parking lot are kept in a safe,
clean and organized condition; keep store equipment clean; monitor
product and refrigeration equipment temperatures.
- Reporting: Accurate completion of time records and the Customer
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Ability to speak, hear and understand spoken English well enough
to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to see well enough to operate store equipment, including
POS terminal, gas console, check identification documents and to
use price book.
- Ability to understand operating instructions for store equipment
and to operate all store equipment.
- Ability to prepare DipSide items using supplies located in the
- Ability to handle coins, currency, checks, credit transactions,
coupons and food stamps, recognize denominations and accurately
- Ability to recognize numbers, count and do arithmetic well enough
to complete required records.
- Ability to move merchandise from storage to
shelves/displays/freezers/milk box and place for proper
- Ability to clean counters and other surfaces.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to temperatures as low as -30
degrees Fahrenheit for at least 2 minutes.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to temperatures as low as +33
degrees Fahrenheit for at least 10 minutes.
- Ability to raise at least 10 pounds from floor level to a height
of 5 feet.
- Ability to place an 8" x 10" x 10" package weighing 21 pounds
into a dip cabinet, the top of which is 3 feet above the floor.
The lists of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for this
position are not exhaustive but are believed to be accurate at the
time of publication. Management reserves the right to revise this
job description at any time without notice and to require that
other tasks be performed when necessary (for example in response to
emergencies, changes in personnel, changes in workload or technical
Keywords: United Dairy Farmers, Newark , SHIFT LEADER -Store 657, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!