Sous Chef (PM)
Company: Cherry Valley Lodge
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Job overview The Sous Chef assists in managing the kitchen and
restaurant. The Sous Chef is responsible for training, supervising,
and working with all cooks and culinary staff to prepare, cook, and
present food in accordance to hotel standard recipes in order to
create consistent quality food products. The Sous Chef will work
closely with the Executive Chef in maintaining control for cost and
quality. This position is required to adhere to the mission and
values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC. What you will be doing
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees for
efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Assist Executive Chef in maintaining the staff schedule so that
proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and
ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Report any equipment in need of report to chef and
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness
through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the
hotel. Ensuring that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Process requisitions for supplies.
- Train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products
so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for
safety and sanitation purposes.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates
decorative food displays.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure
that standards are met.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to culinary staff
to develop them to be at their best.
- Ability to train Line Cooks on standards and food cost analysis
ensuring a consistent product atall times.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with employees and ensures employees do the same within the
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent
customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
- Handles guest problems and complaints as needed and
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel's MOD program.
- Minimum of two years of culinary schooling preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of food & quality and should
have at least three years experience of kitchen experience,
preferably as a kitchen supervisor or Sous chef with knowledge of
most international and domestic dishes.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the
employee acting as a team leader.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure
proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Ability to create recipes and support material, i.e., recipe
cards, descriptions, and pictures and to read and visualize same.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values Widewaters Hotels' Mission is
an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven
pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional
returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest
experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our
associates. Our values guide the way we work with and for our
guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude,
Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a
compass for our actions. EEOC We appreciate your interest in
Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal
opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color
religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic
characteristics or genetic information, or any other status
protected by law. Requirements
Keywords: Cherry Valley Lodge, Newark , Sous Chef (PM), Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!