Human Resources Manager
Company: Cherry Valley Lodge
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Job overview The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all
human resource functions as required by Widewaters Hotels. The
Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing superior
Employer Relations services to the hotel to deliver an excellent
staff experience and managing succession planning. The Human
Resources Manager is required to adhere to the mission and values
of Widewaters Hotels, LLC. What you will be doing The Human
Resources Manager is focused and responsible for the following:
- Oversee all hotel Human Resources functions in a highly
- Ensure all HR Personnel correspondence in office area is not
visible to the public or other associates that may walk in. All HR
files and pay checks should be secured at all times and doors
locked when not in office.
- Provides a positive customer service experience for all
associates, guests and vendors.
- Support managers to ensure success of their teams
- Directs all property wide training initiatives and ensures that
associates are provided support and training to all associates
appropriately by managers.
- Attend training or conferences as required by management.
- Perform new associate onboarding and other employment related
tasks, including but not limited to, coordinating schedules with
applicable departments, collecting required new hire documents,
preparing folders, entering information into HR systems and
maintaining records, tracking employment documents.
- Facilitates new hire orientations, which will include review of
benefits, Widewaters Culture training, customer service training
and other trainings including but not limited to Sexual Harassment,
Blood Borne Pathogens, and Safety training.
- Facilitate Performance Review Process while training managers
on and ensuring all reviews are completed in a timely matter
according to guidelines.
- Administers and maintains HRIS data base and all data entry.
This will include but not limited to new hire entry, address
changes, benefit entry, etc.
- Processes and administers all departmental paperwork for
selection and placement, benefits and employee relation
- If applicable, administer payroll for the property including
entering hours worked, tips, gratuity earned, after reviewing
approved time cards accurately and Paid Time off Balances in a
timely fashion. Ensure all entries are thoroughly checked and all
entries are entered properly.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are thoroughly being
followed through accordingly.
- Managers all phases of benefit paperwork, including
unemployment, disability, workers compensation, 401(k), Health,
Dental, Life, LTD, etc.
- Processes and monitors all workers compensation claims.
- Ensure all postings including labor law posters, OSHA logs, and
job openings flyers are current and posted at all times.
- Complete OSHA logs as required and report to corporate
- Conducts periodic review of established wage scales according
to market surveys.
- Manage the applicant process. This will include updating job
postings, reviewing resumes, forwarding resumes to departmental
managers, and assisting with screening and interviewing.
- Ensure proper reference checks have been completed on all
- Processes and tracks all pre-employment testing, including
background checks and drug testing services if applicable.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer
to branded job description for additional duties and
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue
Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests
Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as
the Widewaters Hotels LLC Employee Handbook.
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as
the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook. Requirements To
perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience A Bachelor's Degree (BS) from a (4) year
degree from an accredited or recognized university, college or
technical school and a minimum of five (5) years of related Human
Resources experience and/or training or an equivalent combination
of education and experience. Other skills & abilities
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited
to, accounting programs, MS Office programs, PMS
- Innovative with strong research and negotiation skills.
- Must be customer service oriented, with positive demeanor.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have high work ethic and ethical standards.
- Must have good leadership skills and excellent interpersonal
- Thorough knowledge of the surrounding area to provide guests
with information of local attractions, events, dining, and other
- Ability to act independently with minimal or no
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market
- Excellent interpersonaland sales related skills Widewaters
Hotels' Mission and Values Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an
innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars
of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns
for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience
and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates. Our
values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners &
associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic
we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our
actions. EEOC We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels,
LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all
persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex,
disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or
veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic
violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or
genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Cherry Valley Lodge, Newark , Human Resources Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!