LPN, Physician Center - Oncology
Company: Licking Memorial Health Systems
Posted on: June 7, 2021
PHYSICIAN CENTER LPN
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician,
provides to individuals and groups nursing care requiring the
application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical,
behavioral, social and nursing sciences.
- Assists Physicians, NP's, RN's in assessment of patients and
contributes information in planning and evaluating quality patient
- Provides direct technical nursing care to patients.
- Administers medications ordered by a licensed provider after
having completed the 90-hour Pharmacology Course and passing the
- Maintains excellence in clinical competency and nursing skills
through continuing education.
- Informs Physician, NP, or RN of patient's symptoms, reactions,
progress and other information pertaining to patient's care.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly patient, visitor, and staff
environment. Practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in the ongoing quality improvement program and
responds to results obtained from data collection.
- Graduate of accredited Practical Nursing program maintains
current licensure in State of Ohio.
- Functions within the scope of practice of nursing for a
licensed practical nurse as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains BCLS certification
- Possess basic analytical ability to perform assigned tasks and
gather and interpret data in situations that are not difficult or
- Demonstrates ability to provide care for pediatric, adolescent,
adult and geriatric patients under supervision of a licensed
physician, NP and/or RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability to perform:
phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, medication administration by oral,
med nebulizer, IM, SQ, routes for children and adults, ear lavage,
monofilament, glucometer, occult blood, visual and auditory acuity,
strep screen, urinalysis, urine pregnancy, specimen collection and
preparation as applicable to the practice setting.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate various office
machines including office computer systems (IDX, EMR, Meditech),
fax, telephone, photocopier.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer
and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local
regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate
against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental
status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors protected by law.
Keywords: Licking Memorial Health Systems, Newark , LPN, Physician Center - Oncology, Other , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!