HSEQ Process Safety Specialist
Company: Covestro AG
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are
colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing
products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our
17,200 colleagues now and together we will make the world a
WHAT WE OFFER
Provide technical support and expertise for the process safety
and risk management program to meet corporate and site
requirements. Perform, facilitate and document process safety
reviews (PHAs, HAZOPs, and MOCs) for unit revalidations and capital
projects within Covestro. Conduct Process Safety Management audits
and monitor completion of audit recommendations and incident
investigation recommendations. Revise and update Process Safety and
Risk Management guidelines and procedures. Develop and provide
training as necessary.
- Lead and Direct the process hazard analyses and process safety
reviews utilizing HAZOP, What-if and Checklists methodologies and
document in Stature system.
- Prioritize risk mitigation schedule based on hazard
- Advise project management on impacts of regulatory issues and
provide in-depth, specialized technical guidance for response to
these process safety issues and Identify when it is necessary to
- Prepare and update process safety guidelines to assure
compliance with OSHA, local, state and insurance regulations and
- Provide process safety related instrumentation expertise and
technical support to Sites, Engineering, line and divisional
management, including support for implementing and maintaining
systems to manage Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Ensure all PSM/ERS programs are meeting local & global directed
completion schedules. Manage the available resources to meet these
- Represent Covestro on trade associations (e.g., NFPA,
- Participate in Incident Investigations as requested by
Management using Root Cause Analysis methodologies.
- Support department goals for Process Safety and Corporate
- Provide safety statistics reports, including for key
performance indicators and process incidents
- Newark Site Safeguard Champion and provide monthly reports to
- Local Machinery Safety Expert on Safeguard task T24 per Core
WHAT YOU OFFER
- BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of six
(6) years' experience or an
- MS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with four (4) years'
experience in the chemical or petroleum industries in process
- Awareness of hazard identification and mitigation required
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and use P&IDs,
material balances, equipment and layout drawings, and
specifications for complex chemical processes.
- Knowledge of performing, facilitating, and documenting process
hazard analysis using detailed, systematic approaches.
- Must become a certified PPS Practitioner
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Chemical facility experience is desirable.
Are you as curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we
can offer you an exciting career opportunity. We look forward to
receiving your application and resume. Become part of our team -
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based
on job-related requirements and on an individual's qualifications
to perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of
discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic
information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing
under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Info-Hotline: +1 844-522-6775
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you
are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as
a result of your disability. To make a request, please call (412)
Keywords: Covestro AG, Newark , HSEQ Process Safety Specialist, Other , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!