Critical Illness Recovery Hospital - South East Ohio
(we are at the back side of the Licking Memorial Hospital)
3/12 hour shifts and NO Mandatory OT
New Graduate Respiratory Therapist (RT)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about
delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes',
consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the
Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first,
helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you
live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas,
providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
Under the direct supervision of the Licensed Respiratory
Therapist, the Student Respiratory Therapy Tech performs
procedures, collects and documents demographic and patient
- Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests, and
equipment to the patients, and provides necessary education upon
discharging to home.
- Conducts physician prescribed treatments of a routine nature
operating various respiratory equipment, various oxygen and aerosol
devices, and various nebulizer devices in order to administer
prescribed medications, humidification and oxygenation.
- Performs chest physiotherapy by operating various equipment to
promote secretion clearance.
- Performs suctioning of the patient by various methods
(oropharyngeal, nasal and tracheal).
- Performs oximetry and capnography monitoring, 12-Lead EKG and
basic arrythmia recognition and pulmonary function studies (i.e.
NIF, VC etc).
- Assists with procedures relating to respiratory care (i.e.
Bronchoscopy, Perc Trachs, Chest Tube placement, etc.).
- Performs adequate drainage of chest via PleurX catheter or
similar device where applicable.
- Performs tracheostomy care, including insertion and removal of
tracheostomy tubes, as well as, endotracheal tubes via free hand
technique and/or video laryngoscope system.
- Performs arterial puncture according to policy and is able to
determine efficiency of ventilation, as well as monitoring,
recording and reporting of test results.
- Records all pertinent information of treatments, and patient
response to treatments on respiratory care records and patient
- Communicates with attending and pulmonary physician's
concerning the efficiency of therapy administered to the
- Communicates significant information and changes in patient
condition to the Licensed Respiratory Therapist.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and
employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who
thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Graduate of accredited program for Respiratory Therapy.
- Must possess "Active" CRT or RRT credential from the National
Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent.
- BLS certification required.
- Current state licensure required. Student or Educational permit
to practice acceptable based on individual state regulations.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RT must have
ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire)
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech
language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in
regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.