**We Light the Way!**
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry.
We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in
working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to
lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive
world. Individually we are talented, but together we are
Performs miscellaneous work of a moderate to heavy nature
necessary for the Hot Metal Department operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Removes throw a ways from Hand Shop kettles and carries to
water hopper and after cooling transports to cullet hopper.
2. Assists in Hand Shop as required. (i.e. Job changes, mold
changes, set-up press, etc.)
3. Monitors cullet conveyor during job change on automatic
machine, cullet conveyor.
4. Removes gobs from water hopper at automatic machine, cullet
5. Performs Mold Boy and Carry-in duties as required.
6. Removes molds from hand shop machine and transport to storage
table as required.
7. Performs general clean up and painting (i.e. rest rooms and
Hot Metal Departments)
8. Operates forklift as required.
9. Assist Tank man as required.
10. Completes required reporting on a daily basis.
11. Assists others in resolving production difficulties to
insure a smooth and efficient operation.
12. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
13. Uses safe working practices and reports all hazardous
14. Keeps supervisor informed of material, process and equipment
needs and problems.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
+ Medium work
**We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to
a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!**
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a
current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without
regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability,
pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here
for more information.
**Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:** As an equal
opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have
difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an
accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly
indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third
party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes
sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email
address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands
resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity
Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate
approvals to be engaged on a search.