PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position will lead the Maintenance team for one Insulation
Wool Line for the Newark Plant. The successful candidate will be
responsible for all aspects of the maintenance process. They must
demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a
clear and credible communicator. They must have a passion for
safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built
upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
Reports to: Wool Plant Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: 10-15 Primary Maintenance Team
The Wool Maintenance Supervisor will have the responsibility
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety
They will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring a safe, clean environmentally compliant work
environment and building a culture where safety is the first
- Ensure 95% completion rate in <30 days for all safety
- Ensure 80% completion on all safety work orders in <30
- Safety metrics - RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and
- Leader Safety Standard Work and Hazard ID
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and
engagement and strict adherence to OC's safety policies and
Directing Maintenance Operations
Will have the responsibility to:
- Provide effective leadership and vision to plant personnel
- Engage employees and create a work environment in which
employees become compelled to commit to their organization and its
bottom line feeling of pride and job ownership
- Control/Reduce Operating Cost. Identify opportunities to
enhance efficiencies, streamline processes and leverage resources
in order to reduce cost.
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on chronic maintenance
issues or repairs
- Establish a World Class Housekeeping and 5S Environment
- Execute effective PM and work order programs using predictive
and preventive technologies
- Partner with the Wool Plant & Maintenance team to drive the
Site TPM journey
- Develop solutions that improve reliability
- Respond to unplanned downtime events with a sense of urgency
with attention to safety and detail
- Execute the RWP process
- Directly Supervise Maintenance over the 1 Wool Plant Operations
and the Warehouse.
- Conversion Efficiencies
- Schedule Compliance for Preventative Maintenance
- Employee engagement and development
- RWP Compliance Standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of industrial manufacturing/maintenance
supervisory assignments and experience
- A Bachelor's degree required. Preferably in Engineering,
Science, or Operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data
including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to
analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data.
- Ability to lead unionized hourly employees.
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate
to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as
effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and
outside of the organization
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to adapt to constantly
changing demands and priorities.
- Must be results-oriented with high level of self-direction,
initiative and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Able to work closely with the Production Department in a team
based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will
ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee
- Knowledge of Compressed Air Systems, Underground gas & water
systems, and Facilities Maintenance
- Knowledge of Power Systems a plus
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials
leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to
the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation,
roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents
of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides
innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy
efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable
infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a
material difference to the company's customers and make the world a
better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020
sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500
company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: Applications must be filled out
completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes
are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the