Company: UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare.
With hundreds of pharmacies across the country, a career with
Genoa Healthcare means you're part of changing the lives of those
with behavioral health and other complex conditions. People with
serious illnesses - and those who care for them - have incredibly
moving stories, and at Genoa we are their partner. We partner with
community-based providers and others so they get the right
medications and are able to follow their treatment plans.
We are part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a
leading information and technology-enabled health services business
dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone.
Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare
might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
We seek a FULL TIME phlebotomist - Our hours are Monday-Friday
8am-5pm. This position will workin Mt Vernon, OH 8:30am-12pm then
travel to Newark, OH and work 1-4pm and then take specimens.
Candidate will work daily in both locations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draw blood specimens from the patients of the clinic for
- Insure sample is drawn from the proper tube, labeled correctly,
and patient is appropriately identified.
- Verifies patient information and laboratory orders and ensures
patient signs appropriate contracts for Clozapine Monitoring
- Enters lab data of WBC count for Clozapine patients into the
web registry using personal computers and related software.
- Files lab results and other medical information into medical
charts and sends copies of lab results to prescribing practitioner
and/or facilities (mental health facility, group home, nursing
- Uses patient condition forms when out in field to document any
patient changes in behavior and reports these observations to the
pharmacist, case managers, nurses, and doctors.
- Assists patients with applications to appropriate manufacturers
for Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs).
- Labels and manages PAP medications ensuring medications are
delivered to appropriate clients.
- Transports medications and specimens using personal
- Cross-trains in compliance with state board of pharmacy as a
- Demonstrates timeliness in completing scheduled blood draws at
clinics and remains available for courtesy blood draws at
- Adheres to blood borne pathogen standards and bio-medical risk
standards as outlined in guide on Phlebotomy techniques.
- Ensures compliance with Infection Control Policy.
- Provides medical staff with non-technical as well as limited
technical and procedural support
- Performs laboratory housekeeping tasks including keeping
shelves stocked, counters, and supply areas clean.
- Updates professional knowledge and proficiency through
continuing education, staff meetings, training, etc.
- Supervises pharmacy interns/students when observing
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal and state laws and
regulations governing phlebotomist practices.
- Exhibits knowledge of basic first aide procedure.
- Exercises tact when dealing with mental health patients and
being sensitive to timing, situations, and confidential
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Completion of Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program and at
least 1 year experience making draws
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear driving record and dependable vehicle
- Must be able to pass background check
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: phleb, phlebotomist, blood draw, retial,
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group Inc., Newark , Phlebotomist, Other , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!