Company: Licking Memorial Health Systems
Posted on: June 12, 2021
According to established policies and procedures, schedules
outpatients for all ancillary services, and obtain precertification
information on all inpatients and outpatients. Performs various
other clerical and record keeping tasks related to registration,
scheduling, precertification, and preadmission testing.
- Prepares demographic, medical and insurance information by
direct interview of patients and/or families; enters all necessary
information into computer records; prioritizes according to urgency
status so that service to the patient is not delayed unnecessarily;
prepares complete and accurate forms and other various materials
for pre-registration or registration of all inpatients and
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired through
the performance of job duties.
- Greets customers in a timely and courteous manner, presenting a
positive, professional appearance and attitude and demonstrating
excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintains work area in a professional and efficient manner,
keeping supplies and equipment in an orderly, clean and safe
- Performs quality improvement studies and serves on project
teams, as needed, representing the department and LMH as a
cooperative and contributing team member.
- Accurately schedules all outpatients requiring tests or
procedures in the ancillary departments from verbal or written
orders of physicians or their staff using established procedures
and minimizing the number of visits each patient is required to
- Has minimal indirect responsibility for the welfare of others
by coordinating all tests and preps, ensuring that complex preps do
not interfere with other tests scheduled for the patient, and
advising patients and physicians' staff regarding proper prep for
each test and the time that the patient will be required to report
to the Hospital.
- Contacts various departments regularly to gather information
regarding changes to be made in the computerized daily appointment
- Receives bookings from physician offices for future admissions
and outpatient surgeries, advising them of current insurance
requirements, such as precertification.
- Insures that prior authorization for service is obtained
according to established Hospital policy. If necessary, notifies
admitting physician and/or patient when insurance company refuses
- Notifies insurance companies and third party payers of
admissions and outpatient surgeries the next working day following
registration and reports authorized days via computer system to
- Review future elective admissions and outpatient surgeries for
benefits and precertification requirements, reporting all required
information to the appropriate Hospital department.
- Responsible for ensuring that personal performance reflects the
LMHS Mission, Vision, Standards of Behavior and Service Goals.
- Practices acceptable universal precautions and isolation
- Work requires a high school level of knowledge to be able to
read, write, perform simple arithmetic calculations and deal
effectively with people. Basic analytical ability is required to
gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are not
difficult or complex.
- Work requires familiarity with the variety of tests ordered for
each patient, including preps required, and familiarity with
various forms, insurance requirements, medical terminology,
Meditech computer operation and departmental procedures, generally
acquired through six months experience.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills to deal effectively
with internal and external customers.
- Must have aptitude and ability to prioritize and organize work
effectively, using discretion, initiative, and independent
judgement to follow through with assignments.
- Work requires the ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate
and pay attention to details.
- Must be able to maintain flexibility by accepting and adjusting
to rapid change.
- In the absence of the department manager, may coordinate
- Minimum requirement, high school diploma or GED.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer
and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local
regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate
against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental
status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors protected by law.
Keywords: Licking Memorial Health Systems, Newark , Registration Specialist, Other , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!