Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are
colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing
products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our
17.200 colleagues now and together we will make the world a
WHAT WE OFFER
The purpose of the Production Operator role is to operate plant
extrusion equipment. Production Operators report to the Plant Shift
Supervisor. Interaction with Maintenance, PCS, PQL Lab Technicians
and Packaging Operators is required for efficient operation of the
- Independently operates, troubleshoots numerous machines and
lines (feeders, extruders, computers, scales, forklifts, packers
and chain hoist).
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following
Standard Operating Procedures and corporate safety procedures.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot extrusion lines.
- Prepare production run formulation premixes.
- Extrusion line cleanups and changeovers.
- Utilize effective communication techniques and maintain
accurate internal verbal communication between shifts, departments
- Works in teams to continually improve products and
- Calibrate feeders and calculate Factor Numbers, based on run
sheets, equipment and materials.
- Packaging and transferring of finished products.
- Maintain departmental documentation.
- Make calculations using English and Metric systems.
- Operate computer system; follow flow charts to determine
accurateness and quality of process.
- Sample and analyze product by visual appearance and testing as
- Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Responsible for housekeeping and environmental issues at the
- Operate capacity shuttle yard truck.
- Responsible for utilizing the Wonderware System; label print
SAP Bolt on System, and the Process Instruction System to perform
manufacturing functions of their job.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Meet minimum ACT Work Keys Skills:
- One year manufacturing experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fork truck training in the past.
- Attain/maintain shuttle yard truck certification.
- Attain/maintain operator qualification and
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to make
adjustments to equipment set up in order to produce highest quality
material as possible.
Are you as curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we
can offer you an exciting career opportunity. We look forward to
receiving your application and resume. Become part of our team -
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based on
job-related requirements and on an individual's qualifications to
perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of
discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic
information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing
under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Covestro, Newark , Production Operator, Other , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!