Point of Care Technician - Lab
Company: Licking Memorial Health Systems
Posted on: June 12, 2021
POINT OF CARE TECHNICIAN
- Draws patient blood samples from neonatal, pediatric,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations following established
aseptic techniques, either within the department or in other
patient care areas as necessary including home draws and nursing
- Collects throat and nasal cultures
- Assists in answering the telephone inquiries
- Participates in capillary blood collection,
billing/registration of non-patient specimens as well as patients
coming to out patient to be drawn and/or dropping off specimens,
specimen processing and other appropriate assignments.
- Collects chain of custody "post accident" urines for Company
Care clients and handles random employee urine drug screens for
- Maintains supplies in outpatient and blood draw baskets
checking expiration date and documenting in log book.
- Maintains positive patient/specimen identification and patient
- Documents instructions to patients for collection of specimen
in log book.
- Minimum requirement, high school diploma or GED.
- Work requires a high school level of knowledge and the ability
to understand laboratory tests offered and the types of specimens
required for these tests.
- Must be able to pass the National Certification for
Phlebotomists Test within two years of being employed. Continued
employment is contingent upon this requirement.
- Maintains compliance with safety equipment following OSHA
- Maintains certification in CPR.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to provide care for neonatal,
pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer
and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local
regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate
against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental
status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors protected by law.
Keywords: Licking Memorial Health Systems, Newark , Point of Care Technician - Lab, Other , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!