Company: Owens Corning
Posted on: February 9, 2020
The Production Supervisor is accountable to lead the operation
and personnel within a rotating shift environment. They are
expected to understand what is necessary for the customer to meet
the customers needs. The Production Shift Leader manages and
oversees all shift operations in a manner that enhances the plants
safety, engagement, cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and
customer service. This position is a development role for higher
level Manufacturing Operations positions.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities include, but are not limited
- Lead operations and 25+ personnel assigned to rotating
- Drive workgroup to proactively achieve zero injuries / safety
- Resource shift in order to safely meet production
- Maximize quality and quantity of product delivered to warehouse
to satisfy customer needs.
- Minimize controllable costs.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero
quality defects or complaints.
- Communicate expectations and hold team members accountable for
delivering exceptional performance results.
- Foster an environment that promotes teamwork and
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.Reports to: Wool
Span of Control: Approximately 25 People
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Ensure employees completion of all required safety
- Lead execution of monthly team safety requirements including
completion of behavior-based safety observations, near miss
reporting, safe work permits, safety meetings, pre-shift safety
inspections, departmental inspections, etc.
- Educate and coach team members on safe operating procedures and
behaviors, and provide reinforcement and feedback where appropriate
to drive desired behaviors.
- Effectively communicate Owens Cornings stand on safety
throughout the Operations Department to ensure employees believe in
and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents
are preventable, safety is everyones responsibility, and that
working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning.
- Perform reporting and investigation of all safety incidents,
driving to root cause and permanent resolution.Achieve customer
satisfaction and quality commitments.
- Understand and communicate customer expectations throughout the
Operations Department, and ensure all products meet customer
standards and requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate production to schedules in order to
meet or exceed delivery to promise.
- Ensure operational procedures are followed to product
specifications, and quality metrics meet customers needs.
- Perform root cause analysis with the involvement of operators
on all quality issues and resolve.
- Train operators on problem solving skills, and coach through
- Participate in customer visits (both onsite and at customer
locations) to better understand customer needs and
requirements.Lead and develop talent.
- Monitor and enforce all plant and corporate policies and
- Provide candid feedback on expectations and performance to all
members of team on regular basis.
- Complete robust annual performance review with each team
- Actively lead and build effective work teams to increase plant
performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain documentation, track, counsel and execute coaching and
corrective action when performance issues occur.
- Review, track and modify individual training plans based on
individual and shift needs.Achieve plant cost targets
- Leverage standard work to minimize variation and waste.
- Develop and implement productivity projects / programs to
- Drive waste out of operation.
- Utilize proper resourcing to meet cost targets.
- Execute role redesign, as required.
- Gather input from and engage all team members in productivity
initiatives.Execute administrative processes.
- Input and / or verify payroll records.
- Verify time and attendance reports.
- Solicit overtime when necessary to satisfy operational
- Verify operational data in IPOP and SAP.
- Summarize and communicate shift results.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Engineering, Science,
Operations or Business
- Minimum 2 year (3 years preferred) of work experience in
manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- Minimum 1 year (2 years preferred) of leadership / supervisory
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Union experience preferred
- Experience utilizing computer programsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Ability to travel, as required (0 - 5%)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication
- Ability to coach and guide for results
- Leads through safety and corporate vision
- Possesses strong process and financial acumen
- Possesses strong change management skillsAbility to effectively
drive for results in a union environment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and
fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve
energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in
the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products
and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial
buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of
products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning
provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material
difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a
better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in
33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000
employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with
customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018
sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500--
company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your
expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations.
Through it all, well empower you with an environment that
encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for
your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to
make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Owens Corning, Newark , Production Supervisor, Professions , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!