Company: Covestro LLC
Posted on: June 14, 2022
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are
colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing
products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our
18,150 colleagues now and together we will make the world a
WHAT WE OFFER
Starting pay is $25.53 per hour, with the opportunity to earn up to
$27.52 upon satisfactory completion of required job training.
The purpose of the Production Operator role is to operate and
troubleshoot plant extrusion equipment, machines and lines; for
example, feeders, extruders, computers, scales, forklifts, packers
and chain hoists . You must follow standard operating procedures
and ensure that health, safety and compliance is your highest
priority. This role allows you to learn more about our plant
operations and can open the door to career opportunities with
This is a full time role that includes competitive pay, annual
bonus potential, generous paid time off, 401K with company match,
retirement contribution, tuition reimbursement, parental leave and
medical, dental and vision coverage (no waiting period).
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot extrusion equipment and
handle extrusion line cleanups and changeovers
- Prepare production run formulation premixes
- Calibrate feeders and calculate factor numbers, based on run
sheets, equipment and materials
- Package and transfer finished products
- Maintain departmental documentation
- Make calculations using English and Metric systems.
- Transfer raw materials
- Sample and analyze product by visual appearance and testing as
- Operate capacity shuttle yard truck.
- Operate computer systems to perform various functions and
processes required for your job
WHAT YOU OFFER
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year manufacturing experience
- Meet minimum Work Keys test scores
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fork truck training
- Attain/maintain shuttle yard truck certification.
- Attain/maintain operator qualification
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to make
adjustments to equipment set up in order to produce highest quality
material as possible
- Clearly and accurately communicate between shifts, various
departments and with supervisors
- Ability to work in teams to make improvements on products and
Are you as curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we
can offer you an exciting career opportunity. We look forward to
receiving your application and resume. Become part of our team -
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based on
job-related requirements and on an individual's qualifications to
perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of
discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic
information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing
under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Info-Hotline: +1 844-522-6775
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a
result of your disability. To make a request, please call (412)
Keywords: Covestro LLC, Newark , Production Operator, Professions , Newark, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!